Recipe by Sylvie Fortin
This recipe comes from Mary Hunt, the creator of The Cheapskate Monthly newsletter. I'm posting it here so I don't lose it. It is absolutely delicious!
Top Review by AngelaTN
This was delish! And quick and easy to whip up. I didn't have lemon juice, so I used apple cider vinegar instead of regular. And I substituted 1 tsp. ground ginger for the fresh. Threw some frozen chicken breasts into the bag and we had a delicious dinner! This one is so cheap and easy, it's definitely a keeper. Thanks!
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon sliced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix well, pour into a large zip-type plastic bag, and add tofu or meat and seal.
- Turn several times to make sure all of the tofu or meat is covered, then allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 8 to 12 hours ahead of cooking, turning a couple of times.
- The tougher the meat, the longer you should marinate.
- This recipe will handle approximately 6 steaks or 1 package of tofu.