Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a wonderful teriyaki marinade for grilling! If you like add lemon/lime juice or minced ginger to make it a zestier marinade. This marinade works great for any type of meat or vegetable.
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper (optional)
- In a small bowl, stir together soy sauce, brown sugar, orange juice, garlic, and pepper.
- Pour over desired meat or vegetable. Cover and marinade in the refrigerator for as long as you desire.
- The flavor will be stronger the longer you marinade the meat or vegetable. I usually marinade it overnight for meat and a couple of hours for vegetables.
Very good flavor. My husband thought maybe it should be a little thicker.
This was excellent!! So full of flavor. The longer it sat in the fridge, the better it tasted. I put some shrimpmeat in a bowl and stirred some of the sauce into it. I also used it in a recipe that needed teriyaki sauce in it and this was perfect. I will be making this again. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for PAC Spring 09
This was delicious! Used to marinate pork for dinner tonite. Used just a little more garlic and some orange zest, just to bring out the citrus flavor a bit. Served with sesame noodles and pea pods. Will have this again, Salty Spider, and thnx for posting. Made for Fall 2008 PAC.