Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Teriyaki marinade. I usually use it for shish kabobs, also makes good stir fry. I tend to go light on the honey and heavy on the garlic.
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup salad oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef or 1 1⁄2 lbs poultry
- Combine everything that's not meat. Mix well.
- Add meat. If whole poke holes with fork so the teriyaki penetrates. I think the best flavor is from chunks.
- Let stand 24 hours in fridge. Sometimes I let it go longer. The longer the better as long as it doesn't start decaying.
I added about 4-6 oz of fresh squeezed orange juice to get a bit of an island-y taste and we LOVED it. Doubled the recipe and all 3 pounds were gone w/in 3 days (family of four). I can't imagine anyone who wouldn't like this and summer IS the perfect time for grilling, right? THANK YOU, Tanzenlicht, for this delicious recipe!
This is easy to make. I let my chicken breast marinade for about 36 hours, then onto the charcoal grill. The longer marinade time gave the meat a very nice full flavor. Sorry I don't have a finished picture as the chicken was devoured quickly!