Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another family favorite. This recipe is quite versatile in that you can add any veggies you like, or change the meat or leave the meat out altogether.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 lb linguine
- 1 large onion, sliced into strips
- 1 bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 2 carrots, sliced into strips
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
- 1 (6 ounce) cansliced bamboo shoots
- Combine soy sauce, sugar, garlic, ginger, vinegar, and 2 tbsp oil in a 1 gallon ziploc bag.
- Add chicken to sauce. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes to overnight.
- Cook linguine according to package directions.
- Add remaining oil to a very hot wok or large frypan.
- Remove chicken from bag, reserve marinade.
- Stir-fry chicken in wok until cooked through. Remove from wok, set aside.
- Add carrots to wok and stir-fry for 1 minute. Then add onion, pepper, chestnuts, and bamboo shoots. Stir-fry until veggies are crisp-tender.
- Add chicken and marinade to wok. Let come to a boil then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Toss chicken mixture with linguine and serve.
We loved this! Linguine instead of rice was a nice change. The recipe was very easy & once prep was done it was not time before we were eating. I had both a green pepper & a red pepper. I couldn't decide on which color so I used half of each. Other than that I made as directed. I am skeptical about the serving sizes though. We have a family of 4 (3 actually, as DD is a toddler) & we don't usually take overly large portions but this recipe fed us with no leftovers. I'm not sure I would have been able to feed 12 with it though. Thanks for sharing, Maymie! Made for Unrated Asian Recipe tag in the Asian forum.