Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This a recipe that I cut out of a magazine, I think TOH, but not sure. It has ingredients that I have on hand all the time and I love teriyaki flavored meats. This would be great served with rice or a potato dish and salad. Time to make doesn't include marinade time.
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless sirloin steaks, cut into 1 1/4 inch cubes
- 12 fresh mushrooms (whole)
- 1 large green pepper, cut into pieces
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- In a bowl, combine soy sauce, oil, brown sugar, garlic, ginger and salt; mix well. Pour half of the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add beef and turn to coat. Seal; refrigerate for 4-8 hours, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain meat, discarding marinade. On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternate meat, mushrooms, green pepper, onion and tomatoes.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side. Baste with reserved marinade. Continue turning and basting for 8-10 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness.
Wow! So good! I didn't have any tomatoes, so next time I'll add them. I only put in 1/2 t. seasoning salt, and it seemed like I didn't need it. Really delicious!
These were a huge hit at the tailgate party! I did skip the mushrooms and tomatoes and added pineapple chunks. The meat was very flavorful and tender. I am already planning on making these again. Thanks for sharing!
This was a great marinade. I used Lawry's for the salt. I also put the mushrooms in the marinade with the meat and used red vs green peppers. Next time will probably omit the tomatoes since they sort of fell apart. I used pan made for the grill that has lots of holes in it, so I don't even have to bother threading the kabobs, super easy time saver. Will try again but on chicken.