Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Wanting to duplicate the flavor of the grilled shrimp at a local restaurant, I tried this recipe I found on the internet, and it was just what I was looking for. I believe it was designed for steak, but it's great for shrimp.
- 2⁄3 cup soy sauce (I use low-sodium)
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, chopped very fine
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped very fine
- 4 tablespoons molasses
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- Put soy sauce in a small bowl.
- Whisk in ground mustard, ginger, garlic and onion.
- Add molasses and stir well.
- Add olive oil and mix well.
- Place meat in suitable pan with marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Marinate at least 1 hour, longer for steak, turning occasionally.
- Remove meat and grill, discarding marinade.
- The one hour"cook" time is the marinating time.
- The actual cooking time depends on the meat.