1/2 Photos of Teriyaki Grilled Tofu
I love tofu, but my family only likes a few of the tofu recipes I make. This is one they really enjoy, though. When the tofu is cooking, I try not to leave the grill as the tofu sometimes can go from lightly charred to being overcooked and dark in a few minutes. I have included the time for marinating the tofu in the preparation time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Coat grill rack throughly with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium (300° to 350 ° F). Cut tofu into slices 1/2-inch thick. Place slices in a single layer in a shallow glass dish.
- 2In a small bowl combine teriyaki sauce, honey, oil, garlic, ginger, and salt and pepper to taste. Pour teriyaki mixture over tofu and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- 3After removing the tofu from the marinade, place the leftover marinade into a sauce pan. Cook over high heat until boiling. Boil marinade until reduced and slightly thick. Turn down heat to very low and start grilling the tofu.
- 4Grill tofu 5-6 minutes per side, turning gently, until lightly charred and heated through, being careful not to let tofu overcook. Remove from grill. Drizzle reduced marinade over grilled tofu. Sprinkle with green onions and (if desired) red pepper flakes. Serve at once.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Teriyaki Grilled Tofu
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 158.3
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1395.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 14.5 g
- Protein 11.7 g