Recipe by bobswagman
Delicious, gourmet, and pretty dang easy. Sometimes I like to use fresh mint in place of the basil. It may seem like a lot of ingredients, but it's still quick, easy, and really affordable.
- 1 lb of boneless skinless chicken breast tenders
- 1 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of grated gingerroot
- 3 garlic cloves, mashed and minced
- 2 limes, juice and zest of, divided
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 cup diced pineapple, in plastic boxes
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and halved
- 1⁄4 small onion
- 6 leaves fresh basil
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Make a marinade of soy sauce, ginger, garlic, half of the lime juice and zest, honey, and sesame oil in a large bowl. Add chicken, and stir to combine. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes, and place remaining ingredients in blender. Chop until pineapple is a smaller costintency, and other ingredients get chopped finer as well. Do not puree. Preheat grill to medium-high heat, and cook chicken for 5 minutes on each side. Serve on a large plate with the pineapple salsa in a bowl right besides it. Serve hot.