Prep 10 mins
Cook 14 mins
I have been making this version of Teriyaki Chicken for years. It is great both indoors and out. We like this with Wild Rice and either stir fried vegetables or plain old green beans. Prep/Cook times does NOT include brine or marinade times.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple slices (drain and reserve juice)
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 large sweet onions, sliced
- Brine chicken in your favorite brining recipe for up to 4 hours. Rinse and pat dry. Place in glass dish and cover with Teriyaki sauce. Cover and let marinade for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan combine reserved pineapple juice, dry ginger, dry mustard, fresh ginger, garlic powder, brown sugar, soy and teriyaki sauces. Bring to a low boil and let cook approximately 5-8 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cook chicken on hot grill. Turn once and then brush with cooked sauce. Cooking time varies per the size of the chicken breasts. Continue to baste with sauce.
- When chicken is almost done, add onion & pineapple slices. Brush with cooked sauce just till heated through.
- Remove from grill and serve hot.
We loved this recipe. The flavors all blended quite well. We look forward to having this dish again.