Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Taste of the South magazine.
Make and share this Teriyaki Green Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 small red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 small onion, cut into strips
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh green beans or 1 1⁄2 lbs frozen green beans, trimmed and steamed until tender
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped cashews, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine teriyaki sauce and honey; set aside.
- In a large saute pan, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Add pepper and onion, saute for 5 to 6 minutes, or until tender.
- Add beans, cashews, and teriyaki-honey mixture; toss gently until heated through.
My DH loved this. Because I had no cashews on hand I added slivered almonds. Very easy to make and the flavor is not over powering on the green beans. This is now a family favorite of ours.
This got rave reviews as a subtly different vegetable side dish. I frenched the green beans to make the size of the strips more consistent...it was worth the trouble for the sake of appearance only.
These are the best green beans ever. Try using yoshida's original teriyaki - incredible! My recipe also calls for 3 strips of bacon diced and cooked crisp. Remove the bacon and saute the onion and red pepper in the bacon grease. Re-add the bacon in step 4.