Recipe by Sue Lau
These can be cooked indoors- or outdoors on the grill, just use a burger rack to get that smoky flavor!
- 118.29 ml soy sauce
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 4.92 ml minced gingerroot
- 4.92 ml minced garlic
- 7.39 ml rice wine or 7.39 ml dry sherry
- 22.18 ml pineapple juice
- 22.18 ml cornstarch
- 7.39 ml sesame oil
- 418.15 g can salmon, drained and flaked
- 236.59 ml dry breadcrumbs
- 78.07 ml finely minced green onion
- 78.07 ml finely minced green pepper
- 3 egg whites
- vegetable oil cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan stir together soy sauce, sugar and brown sugar together over medium heat, stirring well, until sugars dissolve; add ginger root, garlic, wine, and pineapple juice, and mix well.
- Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Mix together 2 tablespoons of cold water with the cornstarch and whisk into soy mixture.
- Stir and cook until mixture thickens; stir in sesame oil; set aside and keep warm.
- Combine salmon, breadcrumbs, green onion, green pepper, egg whites, and 3 tablespoons of the sauce until well combined.
- Form mixture into 4-5 patties.
- Spray skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Place patties in skillet and cook, 2-4 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
- To serve, place on plate with some of the sauce on patty, or serve patty on bun with sauce,"burger-style".