Recipe by mamacancook
I recreated this from a dinner I had at Perkins one night.It's a lemon peppered filet that is then glazed with teriyaki sauce (so yummy!!!) This recipe is for the fresh salmon version-but I'll include my "cheaters version"using frozen filets-for those nights you want salmon-but don't have much time.The Glaze really "makes" this dish.
Top Review by kiwidutch
We liked this... easy to put together, I used fresh salmon and it was very tasty. I didn't pan fry it, mostly because my strips of salmon were very long and thin and I would probably have broken them trying to turn them over and becuase I was trying to do several other things as well as cook so popped them into a shallow oven tray and baked for about 17 minutes.... very nice indeed. I made a simple salad to go with it and it was an excellent low carb meal. Please see my rating system: a great recipe where you can marinite the salmon in advance and then just quickly cook it once you are at home, so an excellent weekday dinner. Thanks!
- 1 lb fresh boneless salmon fillet
- 3 -4 teaspoons prepared lemon pepper seasoning (McCormick)
- 1⁄2 cup bottled teriyaki sauce (Grillmates)
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the salmon with the lemon pepper seasoning (honestly-I do not measure-I just shake on the seasoning)Cut salmon into serving portions.
- Hint:Remove skin if you prefer(which I do) but skin can be left on-just season both sides and cook top side down first(display side).
- Place salmon in heated pan (I use medium -high heat to start,then go down to medium)-with a small amount of olive oil.
- If leaving the skin on-place fish in the pan skin side up.
- Cook until flesh becomes flaky,forming a crust from the olive oil and seasoning.
- Flip and cook few minutes more until desired doness.
- Pour prepared teriyaki sauce over filets in the last few minutes to warm.
- Serve with your favorite seasoned rice and a nice salad.
- Cheaters method:.
- I just purchase Gordon's frozen Lemon Butter salmon filets-heat according to direction (i do cheat and use the microwave method as stated on the box).
- Pour on some teriyaki sauce-warm and serve.