Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
I love Asian food, especially stuff like this. Simple, beautifully elegant presentation, and tasty!
- 2⁄3 cup kikoman teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 4 chicken legs
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 cup uncooked Minute Rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a plastic bag, combine the teriyaki sauce, 1 tablespoons ginger, 1 teaspoons garlic, and 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil. Add the chicken and refrigerate.
- Prepare grill for direct-heat and indirect-heat cooking.
- In a pot over high heat, toast the sesame seeds, stirring until golden, about 1-2 minutes. Remove from the pan.
- In the same pot, add the remaining sesame oil and cook ginger and garlic for 1 minute. Add rice and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to med-low and cover pot. Cook until liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the marinade. Grill over direct heat, about 5 minutes. Turn; brush chicken with the sauce. Cook 5 more minutes. Heat the sauce. Move the chicken to indirect heat and grill until juices run clear and no longer pink, about 10-15 minutes, brushing occasionally with sauce. Serve the rice with the chicken.