Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is really simple and very delicious. My kids love the chicken and I like that I don't have to stand in the kitchen all day.
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup light soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 lb thin spaghetti (1/2 - 1lb pkg)
- 1 cup frozen vegetables (any kind)
- Combine the first 8 ingredients together in a non-stick frying pan. Cook over medium heat until the sugar dissolves. Add the chicken and cook for about 25 minutes, turning frequently to coat.
- While the chicken is cooking, boil the pasta. You can use more pasta and veggies if you have a bigger crowd,(this makes quite a bit of sauce). Add the frozen veggies in the last couple of minutes to the pasta water and bring back to a boil. Drain well and set aside.
- Remove the chicken from the pan. Turn heat up to high and bring sauce to a boil. Add a little water if there doesn't seem to be enough liquid. Mix together the water and cornstarch and stir into the sauce in the pan, thickening it. Remove from heat. With a ladle, remove about three ladles of the thickened sauce and add to the pasta. Add the chicken back to the pan with the remaining sauce, turn to coat and serve with the pasta.
Good teriyaki sauce. However, I would definitely double the sauce. I only made 3 chicken breasts with the full amount of sauce and there just didn't seem to be enough sauce to ladle over the noodles.
Jenti - I am stunned this only has one review. Amazing! Took me less than 30 minutes, really tasty, my whole family loved it. I did not make noodles, made rice instead and served it over. Also used fresh broccoli instead of frozen veg and just served ont eh side. Really good. Will surely make again. Thanks! ~Messy44
Great recipe, it was delicious and my family loved it. I'll be making this again. Thank you very much! :)