Prep 6 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is one of the best recipes my mom gave me. It is very easy to make
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice (from concentrate)
- 1⁄2 cup light soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 5 boneless chicken breasts
- Combine all ingredients except chicken in a non-stick frying pan. Cook over medium heat until sugar dissolves, about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken, turning chicken occasionally.
- Cook about 45 minutes.
This was so incredibly tasty! I believe next time I make this, (and there will be lots of next times!) I won't cook it so long. The chicken was a little dry and teriyaki real gooey like tar, but what a wondrous flavor! My whole family really loved this! I also made long and wild grain rice which went very well with it. I think I will also double the recipe...everyone wanted more!!! Thank you for posting this! This was really excellant!! :o)
i have never had chicken so good,these are so awesome,just awesome,they are a great hit and very easy to make.
This was quite salty and needed more sweetness. I did substitute chicken stock for the lemon juice, which I think was a good idea. I really like the method of cooking this, but need to work on improving the flavours.