This simple teriyaki dish works great with salmon or other firm fish. This is my husband's speciality dish from the cookbook, Big Bowl. It is incredible. We typically double the sauce. For six weeks, we had this every week! It's to die for!! And very easy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine soy sauces and sugar to make teriyaki sauce and set aside.
- 2Heat the pan or skillet to very hot.
- 3Add the oil.
- 4Sear the fish skin side down.
- 5Turn and sear the other side.
- 6Add the ginger and saute briefly.
- 7Add 1/4 cup water and cover the pan.
- 8Steam for 2-3 minutes, adding more water as necessary.
- 9Uncover and add the teriyaki sauce and as the sauce reduces to a syrup, turn the fish in it a couple of times.
- 10When the sauce becomes a glaze, add the wine, scallions, and a squeeze of lemon.
- 11Turn the fish once to twice more until well done.
- 12Remove to a serving dish.
- 13Serve with white rice and Stir Fried Snow Peas with Mushrooms (Stir Fried Snow Peas With Mushrooms).
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Teriyaki Ginger Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.6
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 51.6 mg
- Sodium 1092.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 16.4 g
- Protein 25.5 g