Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was prepared for me and shared by a wonderful neighbor after she fed my family and summer house guests (12 of us!) for an entire week while we played tourists. Even the fish-haters went back for second helpings!
- 4 fresh ahi fillets (yellowfin tuna) or 4 salmon fillets
- 2⁄3 cup canola oil or 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine marinade ingredients and mix well.
- Pour over fish steaks that have been placed in a shallow dish.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 or 3 hours.
- Remove from marinade and cook over hot coals (about 5-7 minutes per side).
Yum! Well, when opening my packet of ahi fillets, I discovered that it was actually chunks. Second time that's happened to me lately. But, it sure didn't impact the flavor any. I cooked these on a stove top grill but can only imagine how good they would be over charcoal. Thanks RigelBee for a great, simple, and tasty recipe. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.