Recipe by Sharon123
The sesame oil adds a subtle flavor to this easy 30 minute dish! Chicken can be used instead of fish. This recipe is popular in California, Asia, Australia and parts of Europe!
Top Review by breezermom
I used green bell peppers, because I had those on hand. I also used fresh pineapple instead of canned. Loved the sesame oil in this! I didn%u2019t make rice-a-roni, instead I made Recipe #161393 Coconut Raisin Rice Pilaf. Thanks for sharing a great recipe for the grill! Made for ZWT7.
- 1 lb firm halibut or 1 lb tuna or 1 lb swordfish steaks or 1 lb skinless chicken breast half
- 1 large red bell peppers (or mix of both) or 1 large green bell pepper (or mix of both)
- 4 green onions
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks (optional)
- 1 (5 ounce) package chicken and broccoli flavor Rice-a-Roni
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry or 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut fish, red or green pepper, and onions into 1 inch pieces.
- Alternately thread fish, red or green pepper,onions, and pineapple chunks, if using, onto 4 large skewers; set aside.
- Prepare Rice a Roni mix as package directs.
- While rice is simmering, combine soy sauce, sherry, oil and garlic.
- Brush kabobs with soy sauce mixture.
- Grill over medium coals 14 minutes or broil 5 to 6 inches from heat 10 minutes, or until seafood is opaque, turning once and brushing with remaining soy sauce mixture.
- Serve rice topped with kabobs.