Recipe by Debbwl
Found this on the back of a frozen Birds Eye Edamame in the Pod package. A nice sweet teriyaki glaze that kind of reminded us of teriyaki wings. Just make sure you have lots of napkins as these sweet goodies are very sticky.
Top Review by Julie F
We all enjoyed this delicious and healthy recipe! I used edamame out of the pod, and used half the sauce for a 12 ounce package of edamame. It was just perfect, nicely coated and flavorful. I have never thought of trying edamame with a sauce but will definitely use this again. Also cooked the edamame in the microwave - drained then added the sauce. Thanks for sharing! Made for Best of 2011 Tag Game.
- 1⁄4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 16 ounces frozen edamame, in the pod
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine teriyaki sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar and dark brown sugar. Set aside.
- In a skillet bring water to a simmer and add the frozen edamame.
- Stirring often, cook until the edamame is thawed, and almost all of the water evaporated (about 3 minutes).
- Add the teriyaki mixture and bring to a boil.
- Cook over high heat until mixture is thick and syrupy (about 3 minutes).
- Toss with sesame seeds and serve immediately.