Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe if from a OAMC cookbook I borrowed from a friend. I made this last night and it was awesome. The sauce was very thin when it came out of the oven so I thickened it with cornstarch & water. So easy and so tasty. Try it you won't be sorry.
- Mix soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, oil, garlic, and ginger to make marinade.
- Freeze chicken in marinade in a 1-gallon freezer bag.
- When preparing to serve, thaw chicken.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour chicken and marinade into a baking dish that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Serve chicken over rice.
Absolutely excellent! We have a list of top 10 meals at home and my family took something else off of it to add this one!! Will definitely make this again and again!
Very good! Definitely a keeper!! I actually put it together using frozen chicken breasts...( the flash frozen boneless, skinless kind that you get at Walmart)...put in freezer then pulled it out the night before serving to defrost in the fridge and cooked as instructed. Worked just fine! Served it with Jasmine Rice made in the pressure cooker and steamed broccoli!
Liked this one! It tasted a bit heavy of soy sauce so I might try and reduce the amount of soy sauce and up the sugar a bit next time, but I'll definitely be trying this again to play with it. I dumped the bag into a wok and stirfryed it instead of baking in the oven, and it worked great.