Recipe by Lavender Lynn
This is an easy and delicious main dish. If you started marinating the chicken in the morning, this is a very quick main dish in the evening. Recipe from Family Fun. Prep time does not include marinating time.
Top Review by littlemafia
I could lick my fingers for a whole day after eating this! I made the thighs in the oven rather than grilling and the sauce was amazing! It must have been the ketchup. When the kids are eating it too,be sure it's VERY tasty. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT6.Go Vagabonds!
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- sesame seeds, toasted in a skillet
- cooked rice
- green onion top, cut into 2-inch strips
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in gallon sized zip-lock bag and the marinade ingredients. Place in bowl in refrigerator for at least 4 hours. Turn bag occasionally during the day.
- Remove chicken from bag and discard marinade.
- This can be cooked on grill or in broiler.
- Either way chicken should be cooked about 5 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to cutting board and let thighs rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice each piece at a diagonal. Sprinkle on toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve over rice, and garnished with green onions.