This is an easy and delicious main dish. If you started marinating the chicken in the morning, this is a very quick main dish in the evening. Recipe from Family Fun. Prep time does not include marinating time.
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- sesame seeds, toasted in a skillet
- cooked rice
- green onion top, cut into 2-inch strips
- Place chicken in gallon sized zip-lock bag and the marinade ingredients. Place in bowl in refrigerator for at least 4 hours. Turn bag occasionally during the day.
- Remove chicken from bag and discard marinade.
- This can be cooked on grill or in broiler.
- Either way chicken should be cooked about 5 minutes on each side.
- Transfer to cutting board and let thighs rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice each piece at a diagonal. Sprinkle on toasted sesame seeds.
- Serve over rice, and garnished with green onions.