A restaurant quality dish, but homemade. By Derek Mayes, Executive Chef, Top of the Cove Restaurant.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 1/4 cup ponzu sauce
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic oil (can use Panini Oil)
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh gingerroot, grated
- 1 splash sesame oil
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 (12 ounce) package cantonese noodles
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot chili oil
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 5 green onions, bottom 4 inches, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup bok choy, julienned
- 1 cup bean sprouts (optional)
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, minced
- 1Combine the Hoisin, Mirin, teriyaki sauce, sugar, ginger and sesame oil in a mixing bowl. Add the chicken in the marinade for 15 minutes.
- 2Heat the garlic oil in a large shallow frying pan.
- 3Place marinated chicken (reserve marinade) into pan and saute until golden.
- 4Add reserved marinade to the pan with chicken and turn down heat to a gentle simmer for about 15 minutes.
- 5Cut into a piece of chicken to make sure it's cooked through and the juices are clear.
- 6Remove cooked pieces with a slotted spoon (you could keep them in a bowl covered in aluminum foil to keep them warm) and turn the heat up to let the liquid boil down to a thick dark syrup.
- 7Return the chicken pieces to pan and stir well to coat chicken in the sticky savoury syrup.
- 8To Make Asian Noodles: Prepare noodles according to package instructions
- 9Combine sesame oil, vinegar, soy sauce, hot chili oil and Hoisin and set aside.
- 10In a heated saute pan, toss vegetables until steamed. Add noodles. After a few minutes, pour in sauce. Toss to mix thoroughly, cooking for a few more minutes before serving with Teriyaki Chicken and garnishing with chopped cilantro.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Teriyaki Chicken With Asian Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (610 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1058.0
- Calories from Fat 421
- Total Fat 46.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 190.5 mg
- Sodium 3234.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 99.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 23.8 g
- Protein 60.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar
hot chili oil