Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
You can use both halves of the wings, but drumettes have more meat. These wings don't make you feel as bad after having them because a lot of the fat cooks off when being broiled. Be cautious about the heat of your broiler - they would burn under my broiler if I cooked them set on high for 20 minutes. The total cooking time only includes the oven option. Enjoy!
- 1360.77 g chicken wings, drummettes preferred
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 236.59 ml low sodium soy sauce
- 59.14 ml dry sherry or 59.14 ml chicken broth
- 9.85 ml fresh ginger, minced
- 14.79 ml honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Place drumettes on broiler pan. Broil on low 4 to 5 inches from heat for about 20 minutes, 10 minutes a side or until chicken is a light, golden brown.
- OVEN OPTION:.
- Transfer chicken to casserole dish. Mix together onion, brown sugar, soy sauce, cooking sherry (or chicken broth), ginger, honey, and garlic in bowl. Pour over chicken wings.
- Bake at 350F for about 30 minutes.
- CROCK POT OPTION:.
- Transfer chicken to crock pot. Mix together onion, brown sugar, soy sauce, cooking sherry (or chicken broth), ginger, honey, and garlic in bowl. Pour over chicken wings.
- Cover and cook on Low 5 to 6 hours or on High 2 to 3 hours. Stir chicken wings once to ensure they are evenly coated with sauce. Serve from crock pot for less clean up!
omg! These are the best wings ever! I did do a couple of things different...I sprayed the broiler pan with cooking spray for easier clean up...and I left it in the over for later use...I did use the crock pot method and for even less clean up I mixed the wet ingredients in the crock pot and they were tender done in 2 hours on high...so I threw them under the broiler again for about 3 mins to give them a touch of crispness. I think it's the sweetness that makes it so yummy! I served some of the sauce on the side for dipping...I still have some sauce leftover so will be using it for a tasty treat later...thanks for posting...this is a keeper...:)
This was soooo yummy!!!! I had 4lbs of chicken wings instead of 3lbs, so I eyed what extra ingredients were needed. AND I added garlic powder instead of actual garlic wasn't to be found. I also used the slow cooker on high for exactly 3 hours.
This was a very welcome surprise at how well it came out. I'm going to add this to my cookbook right now. Thank you so much for posting this. I've been looking for something like this for a long time. I already passed it along to a fellow chef. Thanks a lot!!!!!
These wings are amazing, and this recipe will probably end up being a favorite one that I make often. They came out super-crispy from the broiler, and the teriyaki sauce is perfect and clings to the wings, as it should. I used the oven option. At the table, I sprinkled the wings with some sesame seeds and green onions. So, so good!