Recipe by Nif
You can use both halves of the wings, but drumettes have more meat. These wings don't make you feel as bad after having them because a lot of the fat cooks off when being broiled. Be cautious about the heat of your broiler - they would burn under my broiler if I cooked them set on high for 20 minutes. The total cooking time only includes the oven option. Enjoy!
Top Review by teresas
omg! These are the best wings ever! I did do a couple of things different...I sprayed the broiler pan with cooking spray for easier clean up...and I left it in the over for later use...I did use the crock pot method and for even less clean up I mixed the wet ingredients in the crock pot and they were tender done in 2 hours on high...so I threw them under the broiler again for about 3 mins to give them a touch of crispness. I think it's the sweetness that makes it so yummy! I served some of the sauce on the side for dipping...I still have some sauce leftover so will be using it for a tasty treat later...thanks for posting...this is a keeper...:)
- 3 lbs chicken wings, drummettes preferred
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry or 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Place drumettes on broiler pan. Broil on low 4 to 5 inches from heat for about 20 minutes, 10 minutes a side or until chicken is a light, golden brown.
- OVEN OPTION:.
- Transfer chicken to casserole dish. Mix together onion, brown sugar, soy sauce, cooking sherry (or chicken broth), ginger, honey, and garlic in bowl. Pour over chicken wings.
- Bake at 350F for about 30 minutes.
- CROCK POT OPTION:.
- Transfer chicken to crock pot. Mix together onion, brown sugar, soy sauce, cooking sherry (or chicken broth), ginger, honey, and garlic in bowl. Pour over chicken wings.
- Cover and cook on Low 5 to 6 hours or on High 2 to 3 hours. Stir chicken wings once to ensure they are evenly coated with sauce. Serve from crock pot for less clean up!