You can use both halves of the wings, but drumettes have more meat. These wings don't make you feel as bad after having them because a lot of the fat cooks off when being broiled. Be cautious about the heat of your broiler - they would burn under my broiler if I cooked them set on high for 20 minutes. The total cooking time only includes the oven option. Enjoy!
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Place drumettes on broiler pan. Broil on low 4 to 5 inches from heat for about 20 minutes, 10 minutes a side or until chicken is a light, golden brown.
- OVEN OPTION:.
- Transfer chicken to casserole dish. Mix together onion, brown sugar, soy sauce, cooking sherry (or chicken broth), ginger, honey, and garlic in bowl. Pour over chicken wings.
- Bake at 350F for about 30 minutes.
- CROCK POT OPTION:.
- Transfer chicken to crock pot. Mix together onion, brown sugar, soy sauce, cooking sherry (or chicken broth), ginger, honey, and garlic in bowl. Pour over chicken wings.
- Cover and cook on Low 5 to 6 hours or on High 2 to 3 hours. Stir chicken wings once to ensure they are evenly coated with sauce. Serve from crock pot for less clean up!