Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
"These are a marvelous appetizer served warm or cold, but go easy on them, cause they're pretty rich!" -- M.S.
- 78.07 ml lemon juice
- 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml honey
- 9.85 ml chili powder
- 29.58 ml catsup
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 4.92 ml fresh ginger, finely minced
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 1.23 ml celery seed
- 1.23 ml dry mustard
- 1360.77 g chicken wings
- Make marinade by placing in a small bowl the lemon juice, soy sauce, vegetable oil, honey, chili powder, catsup, ginger, garlic, pepper, celery seed and mustard. Stir well to mix.
- Cut chicken wings at joint and remove wing tips. Place chicken pieces in a shallow dish and pour marinade over chicken. Cover and refrigerate at least four hours or overnight, stirring occasionally.
- Drain and place on broiler pan and cook about 7 inches from broiler element, cooking about 5 minutes on each side. (Watch carefully as they burn easily.) Brush occasionally with the marinade.
- Makes about 25 - 35 pieces depending on the size of the wing.
The marinade was used on chicken legs that were then cooked partially in the oven before finishing up on the grill. The chicken was well flavored. There were no significant issues with it burning. I would make this recipe again and possibly even use the wings. Made for PAC Spring 2014.