Recipe by Semra22
Oriental chicken wing recipe that doesn't call for white sugar and white vinegar, making them kind of the exception here. I think these are very, very good. This is from an old Canadian Living cookbook and was originally called Oriental Chicken Wings but they seem more Teriyaki-ish to me, especially without the vinegar and sugar.
Top Review by I'mPat
I got a bit lazy and skipped step 1, marinated the wings in the sauce for an hour or so and then put in a lined baking tray with the sauce and baked at 175C fan forced for 50 minutes and ended up with fall of the bone tender moist sticky wings - finger licking good, thank you Semra22, made for Bargain Basement.
- 2 lbs chicken wings, tips removed
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the wings in a skillet with the oil until they are brown and crispy.
- Drain the wings and place into a greased shallow baking pan.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients together for the sauce and pour over the wings.
- Bake at 350 for 20 - 30 min, spooning the sauce over occasionally, or till the sauce is thickened and the wings are nicely glazed.