Prep 20 mins
Cook 14 mins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch wide strips
- 1 cup broccoli floret, blanched and drained
- 2 medium carrots, peeled,cut into matchsticks,blanched and drained
- 1⁄2 cup snow peas, cut in half on the diagonal,blanched and drained
- 1⁄2 cup prepared teriyaki sauce
- 6 10 inch 8-inch fat-free flour tortillas, warmed in microwave 30 seconds
- 2 cups hot cooked long-grain white rice
- Heat walnuts in a dry skillet over medium-high heat 1 to 2 minutes until walnuts are slightly toasted.
- Set aside and reserve.
- Coat a 12-inch nonstick skillet with vegetable cooking spray and set over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and sauté, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes.
- Add chicken and sauté, stirring occasionally, until chicken is golden brown and cooked throughout, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in broccoli, carrots, snow peas, sauce and walnuts; heat through.
- To assemble, place tortillas on work surface.
- Cover with rice, dividing equally, leaving a 1-inch border empty on each tortilla.
- Top with chicken mixture, dividing equally.
- Beginning at the bottom of each tortilla, roll the bottom over the filling, then fold in the sides, and lastly, roll the bottom over the filling to enclose the package.
What a really great spin on Chinese or Japanese food! I will definately be making these often; but I did make a few changes. Instead of walnuts, I used cashews; and I added some brown sugar to the onion for a carmelized flavor. This was a winner here--thanks for a great recipe:)