Top Review by JamesDean'sGirl
What a really great spin on Chinese or Japanese food! I will definately be making these often; but I did make a few changes. Instead of walnuts, I used cashews; and I added some brown sugar to the onion for a carmelized flavor. This was a winner here--thanks for a great recipe:)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch wide strips
- 1 cup broccoli floret, blanched and drained
- 2 medium carrots, peeled,cut into matchsticks,blanched and drained
- 1⁄2 cup snow peas, cut in half on the diagonal,blanched and drained
- 1⁄2 cup prepared teriyaki sauce
- 6 10 inch 8-inch fat-free flour tortillas, warmed in microwave 30 seconds
- 2 cups hot cooked long-grain white rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat walnuts in a dry skillet over medium-high heat 1 to 2 minutes until walnuts are slightly toasted.
- Set aside and reserve.
- Coat a 12-inch nonstick skillet with vegetable cooking spray and set over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and sauté, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes.
- Add chicken and sauté, stirring occasionally, until chicken is golden brown and cooked throughout, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in broccoli, carrots, snow peas, sauce and walnuts; heat through.
- To assemble, place tortillas on work surface.
- Cover with rice, dividing equally, leaving a 1-inch border empty on each tortilla.
- Top with chicken mixture, dividing equally.
- Beginning at the bottom of each tortilla, roll the bottom over the filling, then fold in the sides, and lastly, roll the bottom over the filling to enclose the package.