Recipe by HOUSEMANAGER (Charlene)
This is bar none the best stir fry I have ever tasted! All the credit goes to Sandy Richard and her cookbook Life's on Fire Cooking for the Rushed. I have strayed slightly from the original recipe but all for the sake of taste. The one thing that I'm a bit of a stickler on is that you use the V-H brand of honey-garlic sauce. If you're in an area that doesn't carry it use your choice of the next best brand.
Top Review by Azia's Mommy
This was awesome! I was a bit skeptical about honey-garlic sauce and spaghetti but it was really delicious! I didn't have zucchini so I left it out, and I used cumin instead of curry (1 heaping tsp) because I prefer it but otherwise made it as written. I used flax spaghetti too. My 2 year old asked me "Mommy like it?" and when I said yes she beamed and said "Me I like it too! Me too!" and continued to shovel it into her mouth as fast as she could lol My DH hasn't tried it yet but there are plenty of leftovers for him and for my lunch tomorrow.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning (I use Mrs. Dash Original)
- 1 teaspoon canned crushed green chili
- 1 small onion
- 1 small zucchini
- 1⁄2 green pepper
- 1⁄2 red pepper
- 10 mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1⁄3 cup honey garlic sauce (I use V-H)
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 12 ounces spaghettini (to feed 6)
Directions See How It's Made
- CUT chicken into bite size pieces and cook in oiled wok along with seasoning and chilies; cook until meat is no longer pink.
- CHOP onion, zucchini, peppers and mushrooms into bit size pieces and stir fry to desired crispness.
- BOIL pasta at this time.
- ADD cornstarch to a small bowl and gradually add soya while stirring so that the cornstarch is smooth not lumpy; Mix in the honey-garlic sauce and the ¼ cup chicken broth; Add to pan of chicken and veggies; Stir and leave to simmer on low.
- DRAIN the pasta and mix the following in the empty pasta pot at med-low; 1 cup chicken broth, curry powder, honey and basil.
- RETURN pasta to pot and toss with the spiced broth allowing the pasta to absorb the liquid; Drain off any excess.
- PLACE pasta in a bowl and top with stir fry mixture.