Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
Taken from an iVillage message board member who said they got it from Healthy Appetite with Ellie Krieger show. Prep time included marinating time.
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 lbs skinless chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Combine the soy sauce, sugar, sherry, vinegar, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Transfer to a resealable plastic bag and add the chicken.
- Seal the bag and marinate the chicken in the refrigerator, turning once, for 1 hour.
- The chicken can be marinated for up to 4 hours.
- Heat the broiler to high.
- Arrange the chicken on a broiler pan skin side down and broil until brown and crispy, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Flip the chicken and broil until almost cooked through, about 8 minutes longer.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and cook until the seeds turn golden brown and the chicken is done, 1 to 2 minutes longer.
Ggreat simple recipe... I've used this on bone in thighs, skinless bone in and bone out chicken breasts on the grill and in the broiler....ALL have be great....I like the fact that You don't use oil.....Thanks Sam#3
This is a winner! Very easy to throw together with pantry ingredients, quick whirl in the and great end result. Made exactly as written; marinated for 90 min. I will make this many more times I am sure; liked by both adults and kids.
This was very good. I don't eat dark meat much because of my IBS, but now and then it seems okay. This recipe was very easy, very quick, and very good. I followed it exactly except my thighs were boneless and skinless "thigh fillets" and I had to replace the dry sherry with chicken broth. The 8 mins on each side was perfect for my broiler (which doesn't have temp settings). I just used a small sprinkling of sesame seeds. The chicken was very flavorful and I loved the crispy texture outside and the tender texture inside. Bf enjoyed this as well. Made for Please Review My Recipe tag game. Thanks for sharing, Sam! Upped my rating to 5 stars because bf requests this recipe all the time now! :)