Recipe by Sam #3
Taken from an iVillage message board member who said they got it from Healthy Appetite with Ellie Krieger show. Prep time included marinating time.
Top Review by Chef doing this a while
Ggreat simple recipe... I've used this on bone in thighs, skinless bone in and bone out chicken breasts on the grill and in the broiler....ALL have be great....I like the fact that You don't use oil.....Thanks Sam#3
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 lbs skinless chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the soy sauce, sugar, sherry, vinegar, garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Transfer to a resealable plastic bag and add the chicken.
- Seal the bag and marinate the chicken in the refrigerator, turning once, for 1 hour.
- The chicken can be marinated for up to 4 hours.
- Heat the broiler to high.
- Arrange the chicken on a broiler pan skin side down and broil until brown and crispy, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Flip the chicken and broil until almost cooked through, about 8 minutes longer.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and cook until the seeds turn golden brown and the chicken is done, 1 to 2 minutes longer.