Recipe by Randy Larsen
I have been hearing of this method for awhile now, so I finally tried it. I believe this makes an outstanding dinner!Easy-No marinading!
Top Review by Merlot
We are big chicken eaters and this was such an easy and different way to prepare it. The teriyaki definitely flavored the chicken, giving it a nice flavor and tender meat. Thanks for sharing this winner, Randy Larsen.
- 2 whole roasting chickens (cut into 1/4's)
- 1 (1 1/4 quart) bottle Kikkoman's teriyaki sauce, and marinade
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken into quarters, rinse and dry.
- Put chicken pieces into a large sauce pan.
- Pour marinade over chicken, making sure all pieces are submerged.
- Bring to boil over medium heat,and boil for 20 minutes.
- While chicken is boiling in marinade, prepare grill for indirect method,at medium heat.
- When chicken is done boiling, add to grill, skin side down.
- -- DON'T THROW AWAY THE MARINADE!.
- Grill chicken until skin side is dark brown, approx 12-15 minutes(with lid closed).
- After chicken is browned to your liking, turn chicken, and cook until juices run clear(Approx 15-20 minutes).
- Brush chicken with remaining sauce during the last 10 minutes of grilling.
- This is perfect match to serve with Potato salad, and ICE COLD BEER!