Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I have been hearing of this method for awhile now, so I finally tried it. I believe this makes an outstanding dinner!Easy-No marinading!
- 2 whole roasting chickens (cut into 1/4's)
- 1 (1 1/4 quart) bottle Kikkoman's teriyaki sauce, and marinade
- Cut chicken into quarters, rinse and dry.
- Put chicken pieces into a large sauce pan.
- Pour marinade over chicken, making sure all pieces are submerged.
- Bring to boil over medium heat,and boil for 20 minutes.
- While chicken is boiling in marinade, prepare grill for indirect method,at medium heat.
- When chicken is done boiling, add to grill, skin side down.
- -- DON'T THROW AWAY THE MARINADE!.
- Grill chicken until skin side is dark brown, approx 12-15 minutes(with lid closed).
- After chicken is browned to your liking, turn chicken, and cook until juices run clear(Approx 15-20 minutes).
- Brush chicken with remaining sauce during the last 10 minutes of grilling.
- This is perfect match to serve with Potato salad, and ICE COLD BEER!
We are big chicken eaters and this was such an easy and different way to prepare it. The teriyaki definitely flavored the chicken, giving it a nice flavor and tender meat. Thanks for sharing this winner, Randy Larsen.
This was quite good, an interesting and effective way to make teriyaki chicken. The boiling step infuses the chicken throughout with the teriyaki flavor. I made a half reicpe using a smaller bottle of Kikkoman teriyaki sauce.