Prep 2 hrs
Cook 10 mins
I created this sauce when I ran out of the bottled teriyaki sauce. It would also be good as a grilling marinade.
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken, cubed
- 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml garlic powder
- 14.79 ml honey
- 1.23 ml ginger
- salt and pepper
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 113.39 g can mushroom pieces, drained
- 1 bag frozen stir fry vegetables (I use Safeway)
- 946.36 ml cooked rice
- Marinate chicken in sauce made of next five ingredients, in refrigerator, 2 hours.
- Stir-fry chicken in wok or skillet with oil until no longer pink.
- Add mushrooms and vegetables, stir-fry 5 more minutes.
- Serve over rice.
This was AMAZING!! I tweaked a few things- added more mushrooms, and a little more and less of a few other things- but this is the 3rd time I have made it- and it ALWAYS turns out no matter what little extras I add. I love this recipe!!! Thank you!!
I was disappointed at how plain this tasted. I made sure to marinate for the full time and used a package of Birds-Eye broccoli stir-fry mix (1 lb). I even cooked the last of the marinade in the dish at the end. It smelled really good but had no flavor.
I actually wasnt a big fan of this recipe.. the chicken tasted pretty bland.. I followed the recipe exactly.. unless I missed something. I was hoping the sauce would thicken for me a bit, but it was very watery..