Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a simple recipe for teriyaki chicken, which I serve over buttered jasmine rice with cilantro.
- 1⁄2 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce (lite is okay)
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup crushed pineapple, squeezed dry
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 bamboo skewers
- 10 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into chunks
- Light the grill.
- Bring all the sauce ingredients to a boil, cut down the heat, stir until it thickens.
- String the thigh pieces onto the skewers.
- Place a sheet of aluminum foil on part of the grill to protect the bases of the skewers from burning.
- Lay the skewers partially on the foil, with the meat over the coals.
- Grill until almost done, then begin brushing the sauce on.
- Serve with the extra sauce.
Loved It! I followed everything except the pinapple. I added 1/4C juice to my sauce and ended up needing more cornstarch to get it thick. And skewered chunk pineapple along with the chicken then grilled. Served over jasmine white rice. It was a nice treat.