Recipe by Lvs2Cook
A yummy grilled sandwich that I got somewhere on the internet. Time to marinate is not included in the prep or cook time.
Top Review by Roxygirl in Colorado
This was easy and delicious! I used fresh ginger and malt vinegar and marinated for 2 hours. I topped with grilled pineapple. The reserved sauce is the BEST part (nice and tangy). I will be making these again. Thanks for posting. Roxygirl
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 hard rolls
- 1 cup shredded lettuce, to serve
- 8 slices tomatoes, to serve
- 4 green pepper rings, to serve
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise, to serve (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 6 ingredients and mix until well combined. Reserve 1/4 cup and refrigerate. Pour the rest of the sauce in a ziplock bag and add the chicken breasts. Marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Just before grilling (or broiling), drain and discard the marinade. Grill until juices run clear and chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- On the bottom half of each roll, layer lettuce, tomato, chicken and green pepper. Drizzle with reserved sauce. Spread with mayonnaise if desired. Top with the rest of the roll.