Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A yummy grilled sandwich that I got somewhere on the internet. Time to marinate is not included in the prep or cook time.
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 hard rolls
- 1 cup shredded lettuce, to serve
- 8 slices tomatoes, to serve
- 4 green pepper rings, to serve
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise, to serve (optional)
- Combine first 6 ingredients and mix until well combined. Reserve 1/4 cup and refrigerate. Pour the rest of the sauce in a ziplock bag and add the chicken breasts. Marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Just before grilling (or broiling), drain and discard the marinade. Grill until juices run clear and chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- On the bottom half of each roll, layer lettuce, tomato, chicken and green pepper. Drizzle with reserved sauce. Spread with mayonnaise if desired. Top with the rest of the roll.
This was easy and delicious! I used fresh ginger and malt vinegar and marinated for 2 hours. I topped with grilled pineapple. The reserved sauce is the BEST part (nice and tangy). I will be making these again. Thanks for posting. Roxygirl
I was looking for a teriyaki chicken sandwich which closely matched the teriyaki chicken sandwich at Baker's Drive Thru. I found what I was looking for in this recipe. I served it for dinner last night, and had a sandwich myself on a whole wheat hamburger bun with lettuce and mayo, like the one they serve at Baker's. It tasted just about the same to me, which was wonderful! The flavor of the marinade permeates the meat. My hubby and son just had the meat and rated it a 4, but I have to give it a 5! Two changes I made were to substitute one TBSP of molasses for honey, because I ran out and white vinegar for the white wine vinegar, because I didn't have any. Thank you, Lvs2Cook!
Great recipe! This replaces my previous recipe. Thanks for posting.