Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
We have a Restaurant in town, Union Grill, they serve the best teriyaki chicken salad I've ever eaten!! This is as close as I can come to a kopy kat recipe!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced 1/4 inch X 3 inch strips
- 2 1⁄4 inches slice fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki sauce (either homemade or bottled)
- 4 cups greens, good quality lettuces
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup mandarin orange, drained
- 1⁄4 cup cashew pieces
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki marinade
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seed
- Marinate chicken breast pieces in teriyaki sauce with ginger and garlic added, approx 1 hour.
- While chicken in marinating, whisk together dressing ingredients -- and set aside on counter.
- Place chicken in saute pan with approx 1/4 cup of marinade and stir fry until chicken is cooked and marinade is absorbed. (the chicken takes on a dark color).
- Place greens on plate and top with the remaining salad ingredients, adding chicken last.
- Serve with dressing.
- Times do not include marinating.