katie in the UP's Note:
We have a Restaurant in town, Union Grill, they serve the best teriyaki chicken salad I've ever eaten!! This is as close as I can come to a kopy kat recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced 1/4 inch X 3 inch strips
- 2 1/4 inches slice fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce (either homemade or bottled)
- 4 cups greens, good quality lettuces
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup mandarin orange, drained
- 1/4 cup cashew pieces
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1Marinate chicken breast pieces in teriyaki sauce with ginger and garlic added, approx 1 hour.
- 2While chicken in marinating, whisk together dressing ingredients -- and set aside on counter.
- 3Place chicken in saute pan with approx 1/4 cup of marinade and stir fry until chicken is cooked and marinade is absorbed. (the chicken takes on a dark color).
- 4Place greens on plate and top with the remaining salad ingredients, adding chicken last.
- 5Serve with dressing.
- 6Times do not include marinating.
Browse Our Top Japanese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Teriyaki Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (547 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 621.6
- Calories from Fat 343
- Total Fat 38.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 81.1 mg
- Sodium 3766.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 19.6 g
- Protein 40.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
seasoned rice vinegar