Recipe by mersaydees
This appetizer recipe is based on one from BH&G Special Interest Publication, Party Food, 2012. It requires 24 skewers. If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes; drain before using. Per serving: 114 cal., 9 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 34 mg chol., 325 mg sodium, 1 g carb., 0 g fiber, 7 g pro.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half
- 12 slices bacon, halved crosswise
- 6 green onions, trimmed and each cut into 4 pieces
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 24 thin strips
- 1⁄3 cup teriyaki baste and glaze
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F Cut chicken into twenty-four 1 ½-inch pieces. Wrap bacon around chicken pieces. Thread a 4- to 6-inch skewer with a bacon-wrapped chicken piece, a green onion piece, and a sweet pepper strip. Repeat 23 more times. Place in a 15x10x1-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Brush with teriyaki glaze. Continue baking another 16 minutes or until bacon is cooked through.