1/1 Photo of Teriyaki Chicken Burgers With a Teriyaki Mushroom Sauce
These bunless burgers are bursting with flavor. The recipe calls for sage and thyme, but poultry seasoning works just as well. Substitute a tablespoon of poultry seasoning for the sage and thyme. Also, I used a serrano pepper in mine, but if you don't care for the zip, you can omit it without affecting the overall taste of these burgers. Since these burgers have an Asian flavor happening, they work well served with fresh steamed or stir-fried veggies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground chicken breast
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning (I recommend Grill Seasoning)
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1Heat oil in skillet.
- 2Mix ground chicken with the next 10 ingredients. If mixture feels too moist, add in a bit more breadcrumbs.
- 3Form into 4 patties and cook over medium high heat until golden brown on each side, turning patties once.
- 4Remove patties to a plate and cover with a foil tent to keep warm.
- 5Add a bit more olive oil to the skillet and brown the mushrooms.
- 6When they've developed a nice color, season with salt and pepper.
- 7Deglaze pan with chicken stock, scraping all the brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- 8Stir in teriyaki sauce.
- 9Dissolve corn starch in water, then pour mixture into sauce. Stir well, and bring to a boil.
- 10Sauce will thicken as it boils. Reduce the sauce a bit to concentrate the flavors.
- 11Just before serving, drop in the butter and stir until melted to gloss the mushroom sauce.
- 12To serve, spoon mushroom sauce over burgers. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Teriyaki Chicken Burgers With a Teriyaki Mushroom Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (393 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 402.4
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 129.0 mg
- Sodium 1379.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 35.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: