Recipe by Redsie
From R. Reisman. Sweet burgers with nice flavours. Would used a bit less brown sugar next time as it the sauce is quite sweet!
Top Review by cebrown117
I tried this for dinner with the family. They really enjoyed it. My daughter, who hates burgers, ate the whole thing. I used some Kikoman's teriyaki Baste & Glaze that I had on hand instead of making my own. I served them on potato buns with some lettuce and a sauce I made. I mixed 3 tablespoons of mayo, 1 teaspoon of the teriyaki glaze, and 1 teaspoon of ketchup (nix the garnish). It was yummy. I am absolutely going to make these again. Great AND easy recipe.
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons crushed fresh ginger
- 1 lb lean ground chicken breast
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro or 3 tablespoons parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the teriyaki sauce, place the sugar, soy sauce, water, vinegar, oil, cornstarch, garlic and ginger in a small skillet. Simmer for 3 minutes or just until thickened.
- Remove 3 Tbsp for the chicken mixture.
- To make the burgers, combine the chicken, egg, bread crumbs and green onion with the reserved 3 Tbsp of sauce. Form into 5 burgers.
- Grill or sauté in a hot nonstick skillet sprayed with vegetable spray, for about 6 minutes per side, or until no longer pink.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and cilantro. Serve with the remaining sauce.