1/1 Photo of Teriyaki Chicken Breasts
Based on a recipe from Cuisine at Home: http://www.cuisinerecipes.com/2010/04/08/teriyaki-chicken/ I double the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine or 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 4 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 lemon, Juice of
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 10 -12 ounces chicken breast halves, boneless, skinless (2)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup broccoli floret (fresh or frozen, thawed if frozen)
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup shiitake mushroom, sliced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh bean sprout, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- cooked rice
- 1Combine broth, sherry, brown sugar, 2 teaspoons each of garlic and ginger, soy sauce, vinegar, lemon juice, and pepper flakes in a bowl.
- 2Sear chicken breasts in 1 teaspoons oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until deeply brown on both sides, about 4 minutes per side. Remove chicken from pan.
- 3Deglaze pan with broth mixture and simmer until sauce is reduced to a syrup, about 5 minutes more. Return chicken to pan to coat with sauce. Transfer chicken and sauce (there will only be a little sauce) to dinner plates; tent to keep warm.
- 4Wipe skillet with a paper towel.
- 5Stir-fry broccoli, bell pepper, mushrooms, and onion with remaining garlic and ginger in remaining 1 teaspoons oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until vegetables are barely tender, 4-5 minutes. Turn off heat and stir in sprouts.
- 6Serve with chicken breasts and rice.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Teriyaki Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (424 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 443.5
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 91.4 mg
- Sodium 472.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 34.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: