Recipe by Casie
I made this last night for the first time. There was a lot of food but my boyfriend and I loved it so much that there were absolutely no left-overs. If you're vegetarian just sub chicken for a cup of peanuts or nut of your choice.
Top Review by HokiesMom
This is a very tasty dinner recipe! I doubled this to serve to our family of four. The only thing we really did not enjoy was the taste of the celery with the teriyaki sauce - something just seemed off so next time I will not add celery. I did need a bit more moisture in the pan too but that may have been because I doubled the recipe so I used some of the strained pineapple juice into the skillet. A nice dinner to serve to my family. Tagged in the Bargain Basement tag game.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup soy vay island teriyaki sauce (all natural ingredients)
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 cup broccoli, cut
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup celery
- 1⁄2 cup cut snow peas
- 2 cups steamed brown rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Start steaming brown rice ahead of time.
- Spray large pan with cooking spray.
- Heat to medium and brown chicken breasts.
- Add 1/2 cup of Soy Vay Island Teriyaki sauce and sliced mushrooms.
- Drain pineapple chunks and add to pan.
- Cook another 5 minutes stirring often.
- Add broccoli, baby carrots, celery and snow peas.
- Drizzle the rest of the teriyaki sauce on top of veggies.
- Cook for another 5-10 minutes (depending on how crunchy you like your veggies) stirring often.
- Serve chicken and veggies over brown rice.