Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
An easy and delicious meal to satisfy tour Chinese food cravings.
Make and share this Teriyaki Chicken and Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups fresh baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup uncooked regular long grain white rice
- 1 (14 ounce) can baby corn, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 5 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 3 -3 1⁄2 lbs cut up frying chickens, skin removed if desired
- 1⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 3⁄4 cup cashew halves, and pieces
- Heat oven to 375*.
- Spray 13x9 inch glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In sprayed baking dish, combine carrots, rice, corn nuggets, broth and 2 tablespoons of the teriyaki sauce; mix well.
- Arrange chicken pieces over rice mixture. In a small bowl, combine the remaining 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce, orange marmalade and ginger; blend well. Spoon mixture over chicken and rice mixture. Cover with foil.
- Bake 45 minutes. Uncover baking dish; bake 15 to 30 minutes longer or until chicken is fork tender and juices run clear. Sprinkle with cashews.
- NOTE: If you prefer, use four bone in chicken breasts instead of the cut up frying chicken.
- NOTE: If desired, use one 14 oz can whole kernel corn drained in place of the baby corn nuggets.
Have made this twice the first time with a quartered chicken but for the chicken to be cooked properly the vegetables and rice were overcooked. Second time for 3 I made with 8 thighs skin on and on the bone (forgot to trim fat off - would recommend doing so). For the vegetables I used 2 carrots cut into batons, 1 onion quartered, green beans, 1 can of baby corn cuts (drained) and 1/2 a zuchinni cut into chunks. A great 1 pot dish and was perfectly cooked in 1 1/4 hours though I did have to put the chicken thigh that was in the middle of the dish swapped with a smaller one on the outer rim or it would have been undercooked. Thank you looneytunesfan for a great one pot meal to make when you are in a hurry, made for Bargain Basement.
A nice simple dish to make for sure. I really liked the flavors of the broth with the teriyaki sauce and ginger. I used 4 carrots and cubed them large and a can of baby white corn. I used bone-in chicken breasts and it definitely took 1.5 hours to finish cooking. The flavors were so nice and mild and the whole family enjoyed the dish. I did forget the cashews and am kicking myself now as that would have been another great addition to the dish. Made for the I Recommend Tag game.