Recipe by D's Darling
I got this recipe a few years ago off the back of a Minute Brown Rice box. We have made this not only at home but when we have been camping. It is quick and easy to make. I also use unsalted nuts.
Top Review by Rita M
I had planned on trying this by myself, but "S" smelled it while it was cooking and couldn't hardly wait to try it. Well, I had orginally cut the recipe in half cause it WAS just for me. It was so good I had to make another batch before we both were satisfied. Cheap, Easy and Great! Thanks for posting.
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips (I get chicken already cut for stir fry)
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 354.88 ml water
- 59.14 ml low-sodium teriyaki sauce or 59.14 ml low sodium soy sauce
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 473.18 ml Minute brown rice, uncooked
- 473.18 ml fresh broccoli florets (or frozen)
- 118.29 ml peanuts (optional) or 118.29 ml cashews (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the oil to a skillet and heat.
- Then add the chicken and cook until lightly browned.
- Stir in the garlic powder, teriyaki sauce and water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add the broccoli, rice and peanuts and stir.
- Cover the skillet and turn the heat to low.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until it is cooked through.
- Remove from stove top and let stand 5 minutes.