1/1 Photo of Teriyaki Chicken and Brown Rice
D's Darling's Note:
I got this recipe a few years ago off the back of a Minute Brown Rice box. We have made this not only at home but when we have been camping. It is quick and easy to make. I also use unsalted nuts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips (I get chicken already cut for stir fry)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup low-sodium teriyaki sauce or 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups Minute brown rice, uncooked
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets (or frozen)
- 1/2 cup peanuts (optional) or 1/2 cup cashews (optional)
- 1Add the oil to a skillet and heat.
- 2Then add the chicken and cook until lightly browned.
- 3Stir in the garlic powder, teriyaki sauce and water.
- 4Bring to a boil.
- 5Add the broccoli, rice and peanuts and stir.
- 6Cover the skillet and turn the heat to low.
- 7Cook for 5 minutes or until it is cooked through.
- 8Remove from stove top and let stand 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Teriyaki Chicken and Brown Rice
Serving Size: 1 (310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 222.0
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 85.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 28.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-sodium teriyaki sauce