I got this recipe a few years ago off the back of a Minute Brown Rice box. We have made this not only at home but when we have been camping. It is quick and easy to make. I also use unsalted nuts.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips (I get chicken already cut for stir fry)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup low-sodium teriyaki sauce or 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups Minute brown rice, uncooked
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets (or frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts (optional) or 1⁄2 cup cashews (optional)
- Add the oil to a skillet and heat.
- Then add the chicken and cook until lightly browned.
- Stir in the garlic powder, teriyaki sauce and water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add the broccoli, rice and peanuts and stir.
- Cover the skillet and turn the heat to low.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until it is cooked through.
- Remove from stove top and let stand 5 minutes.