Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
My Aunt Ely's Teriyaki Chicken. I always add alittle more sauce. Only because I love the taste. The recipe originally calls for a 1/2 bottle of teriyaki sauce. But I didn't know what the measurements would be, so I am just guessing.
- 1 whole chickens or 1 chicken breast, cut up in chunks
- 1 (16 ounce) can pineapple, chunks
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce (add more if you like)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Cut up chicken and brown lightly.
- Add chunk-style pineapple with juice and 1/2 bottle teriyaki sauce.
- Add more teriyaki sauce if you like.
- Add chopped celery, chunks of green pepper, chopped onion, and sliced mushrooms.
- Simmer until chicken is tender, 20-30 minutes.
- Add a little cornstarch to thicken for gravy. Cook for 5 or 10 more minutes.
- Note: You can also use just Chicken Breasts, cut up instead of a whole chicken. This will cut down your prep & cooking time.
- Serve hot and enjoy.