Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I know there alot of Teriyaki recipes on here but I couldn't find one like this so here goes...
- 500 g chicken thigh fillets, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 pinch salt
- Mix the honey, soy sauce, sherry, ginger, garlic, salt and add chicken.
- Marinate in the fridge overnight (no longer) or for as long as possible.
- Drain chicken and reserve marinade.
- Preheat wok, add chicken and stir fry for a few minutes. Add remaining sauce and simmer until sauce is thickened and reduced.
- Serve sprinkled with sesame seeds and steamed rice.
This was good, but the sauce never thickened like I had expected. I might would add some cornstarch to the sauce and thicken it slightly before adding the chicken back in so that it thickened up more. Overall great flavor. I also added some veggies to the mixture, broccoli, carrots, yellow squash and onion. Makes a great one dish meal.