Recipe by Froggie Jones
So good it falls off the bone! Men CRAVE this chicken recipe! This can also be done in an electric roaster if you're making bulk to feed a crowd.
- 4 -6 chicken pieces (skinned thighs and legs are best!)
- 1 cup kikoman soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups dark brown sugar (to taste)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Peel and mince garlic.
- Mix soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic and ginger until sugar has dissolved. Put chicken in 9x13 pan and pour teriyaki sauce over it. Cover tightly with foil and bake for at least one hour or until chicken is cooked through. I bake it for about 2 1/2 hours and the chicken is falling off the bone! I usually double the sauce for extra on rice.
- *This is even better if you marinate the chicken for at least 2 hours in the sauce before cooking - especially before grilling.
- **If cooking in an electric roaster, make sure you have enough sauce to cover chicken. Bake covered at 325°F for about 4 hours.