Recipe by Troop Angel
I found this on another recipe website...it's really easy, fairly inexpensive (I had all the ingredients at home already) and the leftovers are super! I really hope you enjoy! I serve with Shortcut Sticky Rice, Shortcut Sticky Rice. The cooking time does not include the marinating time of 2-3 hours. Hint: I made the 2nd batch of marinade right before I cooked the chicken.
Top Review by NancyB
I didn't marinate it (didn't figure out what I was cooking until supper time). So I cooked the chicken separately and then put the sauce in the pan and brought it to a boil. Added the chicken and let it simmer for about 20 minutes. FABULOUS. I also added a little fresh garlic to the sauce. Bit time winner.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in thin pieces
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 3⁄4-1 cup brown sugar (I use the 3/4 cup as we don't like ours that sweet)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine water, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic and ginger.
- Whisk to mix well.
- Marinate chicken in half of sauce 2-3 hours, turning once.
- Stir cornstarch into remaining sauce and bring to boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens slightly (I did this step right before cooking chicken).
- Cool this mixture to room temperature.
- Drain marinade off of chicken, reserving 2 tbsp of the marinade; discard remaining marinade.
- Stir fry chicken in vegetable oil until chicken in almost done.
- Stir in reserved 2 tbsp of marinade and continue stir frying until chicken is done and glazed.
- Serve over hot rice with cooled teriyaki sauce.