Prep 1 hr
Cook 35 mins
This just a good chicken recipe.
- 3⁄4 cup soy sauce (I didn't use quite this much soy sauce)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cooking sherry (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken drumsticks (i used big chicken breasts)
- In a large glass dish, combine soy sauce, oil, brown sugar, cooking sherry, ginger and garlic powder; mix well.
- Add drumsticks or chicken breasts and turn to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade.
- Place chicken in a single layer on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 375°F for 35-45 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
I made this tonight and it was very good. I used low sodium soy sauce, omitted the sherry, and substituted sugar twin brown sugar. I also used chicken breast rather than drumsticks and marinated them about four hours. My sons really liked this and it will become a regular around here.