Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have been using this recipe for years. I found it in my Taste of Home cookbook. I love the crunchy water chestnuts. It is not too overpowering with teriyaki flavor. I usually use Catchup with them even though the flavors would seem to clash. Other guests of mine used ranch spread and liked it. I love these. I usually serve a mixed salad with the baby corns in it (with other vegies) and the combo with the burger is so yummy .
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1⁄3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 7 split hamburger buns
- 14 slices tomatoes
- 7 lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the teriyaki sauce, water chestnuts, onions, salt and pepper.
- Crumble beef over mixture and mix just until combined. Shape into seven 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink.
- Serve on buns with tomato and lettuce.
These were some tasty burgers. My DH didn't care for the texture of the water chestnuts, but I liked the crunch in each bite! Very tasty in my opinion and easy to make. Thanks for posting. Made for Bargain Basement tag game.