Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I love teri burgers and this is a very good recipe for your next barbecue.
- 1 1⁄2 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 dash ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 6 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- sliced cucumber (optional)
- lettuce leaf (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, onion, water, sugar, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger. Add ground beef and mix together well.
- Shape mixture into 6 patties.
- Grill burgers to your desired degree of doneness.
- Serve on toasted buns topped with cucumbers and lettuce.
Another successful Saturday night burger. I omitted the breadcrumbs & water, cut the recipe back to one 6 oz burger - no problem. Used XXlean meat. I liked the cuke on the burger and I added a slice of sweet onion. Used a no fat cheese (that was a mistake) it added nothing to the burger. Served with oven fries & sauteed mushrooms . Thanks Lvs2Cook - U can cook!
I made the mixture into meatballs and after baking them, I froze them for about 6 weeks. We just ate them last night with steak fries, and they were delicious. I'm going to try them as burgers next time. A very good blend of flavours.